Thursday, October 9, 2008

Explanation

Well, Chris is apparently confused as to the meaning of the title of this blog so I'll attempt to explain it simply. I LOVE songs that tell a story, especially something that I can relate to. I mean, I live for moments where I stumble upon the perfect song that completely parallels what I'm going through in life, something that speaks to me, and very much like a friend, comforts me. I think that jamie tworkowski got it right when he compared a song to a friend..."Stories wait for endings, but songs are brave things bold enough to sing when all they know is darkness," and so when my life looks bleak or stuff isn't going well for me, I can not only place all hope in God, but I can use music as a tool to help pull out of the hole I'm in. Worship music is crucial to my life. There's nothing more freeing for me than to turn on some good Hillsong upstairs, turn on the tree, hit the lights, and just go crazy and dance and worship God - put my emphasis on Him and take it off myself and my stupid blown-out-of-proportion problems. So my song is my life...this blog is a way to redefine things in my life, read between the lines, and understand it better. This collection of my writings (or typings) is the story inside my song. But the song really isn't mine anyways...God's the composer, and the performer, i just have the privelage to sing along...

1 comment:

Chris Gomez said...

Thanks for clarifying. :)