Monday, September 29, 2008

lagging

well here's a quick little update...as of right now I'm not obeying God like I should be. He's called me to do some things this semester that I've been slacking off on a little bit...but He's still good and he's not exactly beating me down for it. I admit, I'm a bit confused right now as far as life goes, but hey, it happens, and I don't need to make a huge deal out of it. I know God has everything under control, and that really is all that matters. He is good, the end. I just need to keep walking in the spirit. start learning a lil self discipline. Cause if I want to see great things happen, I need to be prepared. I see a lot of things going on that God is doing or is wanting to do, but how in the world do I bring that stuff here to earth? I certainly can't do it when I'm wallowing around in worldly worship or idolatry. I need to get my head up where it's supposed to be - in heaven. not here. because the longer I start thinking from the ground's viewpoint, the less I can see, and the more mistakes I start making. I need to see what God sees.

I LOVE this:

"Open our eyes to see the things that make Your heart cry. To be the church that you would desire. A light to be seen. Break down our pride and all the things we've built up inside - our earthly crowns and all our desires we lay at your feet."

I need to wake up and cast down the idols I've made...because I'm realizing I definitely have some, and I haven't dealt with them yet. I am putting hopes and dreams in places other than Jesus...satisfaction in dead-end creation.

It does not work.
It does not work.
It does not work.
It does not work.
It does not work.
It does not work.
It does not work.

How many times do I have to write or read that before I believe it to be true in my heart? It's true. I know that Jesus is better than anything else in this world.

No comments: