Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last days of summer

Well, today is Wednesday, August 20th, and I have only today and tomorrow until my summer days are over. Friday morning I leave to go to the hillsong conference (which I can't wait for!!!) and we'll get back sunday afternoon/evening. I have several things to get done by then, too, so I'm feeling semi stressed. I want to go to the business meeting tonight at beltway, get my hair cut, do student council stuff tomorrow morning, meet with Nathan Langlitz, work on a SLAM video Jacob Moore wants to do today, and finish working on the house; that's just some of the stuff I'm thinking of right now...

But there's more than that, also. I want to, in a way, let my life and my heart be purified before school starts. If my heart was a piece of pottery, I've been undergoing serious work for several months, but I've also taken time during those months to take matters into my own hands and basically shatter it on the ground....and then God has to pick it back up, and fix it, and work on it even more. That's where I feel I'm at right now. And change needs to happen. So I'm praying for God to simply place me on his potter's wheel and to keep molding me...I can't really ask for much else.

The main thing for me right now is making the most of these last days of freedom. I want to have some amazing JESUS memories before I start the next season...let's make that happen.

Hopefully I can have some time while we're in houston to sum up the two days of the hillsong conference, but that all depends on the amount of time I'll have to access a computer. But that's my plan anyways.

By the way, I just got Needtobreathe's debut album Daylight, and what can I say...I like it.

No comments: